Thursday, October 28, 2010

send in the clowns

As I walked past Dotti's Chadstone store today I couldn't help but turn my head in time with the vintage clowns in their window.

Whilst my mind was taken back to Summer as a kid spending ridiculous amounts of pocket money to win a less than impressive prize worth substantially less than my clown expenditure, I couldn't help but gaze at the bright colourful circus theme that has taken over Dotti's window.

At risk of catching circus schizophrenia I wandered in store which looks like the circus had one corn-dog too many and threw up all over the walls however the window is a tightly packaged homage to all things circus.

The red clown noses are a cute touch on the mannequin styling, whilst the working clowns in the window create movement and bring back those childhood memories (or fears) of the annual Summer fete and THE CLOWNS!

I've seen the B&C grade store versions of this window and unfortunately it doesn't translate- 2d cut outs of props are far less impactful than the real 3d McCoy- sometimes less is more...red noses with a backdrop could've been enough in these stores to translate this A grade theme into a real circus treat.

I love this window, I love the circus and I'm off to practice my trapeze.