Thursday, September 9, 2010

the exquisite palette 2010

After some technical difficulty- I'm back, and this time with some local window flavour!

St Luke Artists Colourmen in Smith Street, Collingwood have just wound up their 2010 exhibition 'The Exquisite Palette'. Over 100 artists created artworks out of the somewhat kitsch and arguably outdated, wooden palette.

But it was with this canvas that some genius made it's way on display in and around the store including the front window of St Luke.

I am still mad for an interactive window that features installations, competitions or even live art and this exhibition was just brilliant. I somewhat looked like a bohemian artist stalker as I stood in front of the window for at least 20 minutes staring down each palette as I tried to find a favourite.

Now, I'm no good with a pencil and paper- if you ever play Pictionary with me you'll see my frustration first hand, but I can and do appreciate such amazing quality and work.

If you missed this exhibition for this year- don't worry, it will be back in 2011 as it is an annual fixture on St Luke's calendar- and they're keeping a select range of the 200+ entries in the window for a few weeks to come.

Pop on down to Collingwood in the midst of AFL final season (if you dare) and check out something other than a Collingwood AFL poster in a window at St Lukes Artists Colourmen.